Improve the quality of life and wellbeing of our communities within Walla Walla County through prevention, promotion, and protection.
Always working for a safer, healthier and thriving Walla Walla County
We are honest, trustworthy and transparent in all we do. We strive to do the right thing to achieve the best community health outcomes.
We value the unique contributions of our employees and partners to promote health equity. We develop positive relationships, foster innovative solutions, and strengthen our capacity to accomplish our mission.
We uphold a standard of conduct that recognizes and values the diversity and contributions of all. We foster a working environment in which listening to and understanding our differences is encouraged and confidences are protected.
We use the best scientific data and methods available to guide our policies and actions to promote healthy living. We rely on the objective facts of evidence-based science to build a strong foundation to address health needs and concerns.
We are effective and efficient managers of public funds and hold ourselves and others to appropriate high standards. We operate with open communication, transparency, timeliness, and continuous quality improvement.
The Walla Walla County Department of Community Health is comprised of several departments including:
- Substance Use Cessation and Prevention
- Community Prevention and Wellness Initiative
- Traffic Safety and Injury Prevention
- Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
- Restaurant and Food Inspections, Safety, and Permits
- On-site Sewage and Soil Evaluations
- Recreational Water Inspections
- Zoonotic, Waterborne, and Foodborne Disease Surveillance and Investigation
- Emergency Preparedness
- Homeless Housing Program
- Veterans Services
- Developmental Disabilities Program
- Children and Youth with Special Healthcare Needs Program
- Epidemiology and Assessment
- Access to Baby and Child Dentistry
- Clinical and Preventative Services
- Vaccine Management
- WIC and Peer-Breastfeeding Counseling
Advisory Boards, Councils, and Committees
- Accessible Community Advisory Committee
- Walla Walla County Community Health Partnership
- Community Health Advisory Board
- Council on Housing
- Veterans' Relief Advisory Board